SAINT PHILOMENA ENJOYS A UNIVERSAL ARCHCONFRATERNITY
blessed, elevated and indulgenced by several popes, including
POPE BLESSED PIUS IX, POPE LEO XIII, and POPE SAINT PIUS X.
Her main Sanctuary is located in Mugnano, Italy, where her Archconfraternity Members are
enrolled. There are Archconfraternity Centers all over the world.
She is invoked for all needs;
health, financial, good death, conversion, education, childbirth, protection from evils, happy
marriage, protection of children, and especially for the
VIRTUE OF PURITY.
Privileges of Membership:
• Mass is celebrated at the Sanctuary in Italy every second Friday of the month for
members, living and dead.
• Members benefit in all prayers offered at the Sanctuary in Italy.
• Members will gain a Plenary Indulgence* when one wears the blessed Cord on the day
it is first worn and when worn on each of the feast days of:
January 10, May 25, August 10, August 11 and December 15.
• A Plenary Indulgence is gained at the hour of death, provided one at least invokes the
Name of Jesus, with one’s own lips or heart.
‘With the exception of the last, the ordinary conditions laid down by the Church are:
Confession and Communion on same day or within eight days’ time, detachment from sin, and prayers for
the Holy Father are required to obtain a Plenary Indulgence.
Obligations of Membership:
• Must be baptized Catholic.
• Must read the story of her life and encourage others to read about her.
• Must pray daily, if possible, the Little Crown (Chaplet) of St. Philomena.
• Must wear the Blessed Cord of St. Philomena as cincture under the clothing or carry it
• Must receive Holy Communion these four days each year:
January 10 (her birthday), May 25 (finding of her tomb),
August 10 (day of her martyrdom), August 11 (her proper Feast Day)
*none of these obligations are binding under pain of sin.
• An annual donation in support of the Archconfraternity is encouraged, according to one’s
situation, (donations sent to address below must be made out to “Catherine Croisette”)
To enroll, please send Baptismal Name(s) and Confirmation Name (optional)
and mailing address to the address below. You will be enrolled at the Sanctuary in Italy and receive
the information and Blessed Sacramentals you will need.
Mrs. Catherine Croisette
Saint Philomena California Center
31103 Rancho Viejo Road, D2-10
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675-1759